Shop Just Wish

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Book Wish List For Our Grand Babies

After purchasing a birthday book for The Love of My Life, I decided to browse the juvenile section for books for the kids. I stumbled upon these family favorites. 

Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book was a daily read for many years in our home when Ron and Shayna were young. Sadly, Bash and Zac don't remember much of the book and Colton and Spencer have never read it. Someday we will get a copy and read it aloud.

 

The Monster at the End of the Book starring Grover was another favorite that we often read several times daily. The reading was quite dramatic and tons of hysterical laughter always ensued. The kids loved helping Grover hold the pages closed while I used all of my strength to open. Later in the story the children joined me and with great feigned struggle dramatically defied Grover's appeals to NOT turn the pages that he painstakingly tried to keep in place. I can't wait to read this book to our grand babies!


I did not discover this book until the children were older. I think every parent should read stories like this to their children often. This book beautifully and simply illustrates that being yourself is the best thing one can be.


I will definitely add more books to this list in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment