Shop Just Wish

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Jeff's *Health Update* stent removal


*HEALTH UPDATE*

Ladies and gentlemen, I am happy to announce that the procedure to remove the stent in my left kidney went well and the this month+long nightmare has ended!

I am a little sore here and there - to be expected - but the relief of pain was immediate as soon as that contraption was taken out. Once everything was set up for the procedure (don't ask), the Doc arrived, and it was over IN LESS THAN A MINUTE. I kid you not.

It appears that the distance from my kidney to my bladder wasn't given much thought as the size of the stent itself was, well, horrifying. And that "oversight" was the reason for all of the excruciating pain.

The dang thing was bouncing around inside my kidney on one end and inside my bladder on the other every time I moved, bent over, went to the bathroom, etc. Ouch!

Medical science has come a long way but this particular area of medicine seems to be stuck in the middle ages. Usually these things are in place for DAYS, not WEEKS, and I am so glad it's just over with. For whatever reasons, the pain in my situation was excruciating.

No further issues to worry about with kidney stones and after some healing time of a few days, I should be fine in that area again.

I am just thankful everything went smoothly and my anxiety level is manageable again.

It's over and done with. I will deal with whatever residual pain exists over the next few days but am looking forward to just being able to get back to kicking cancer's butt full-time without this distraction. Yayee! I survived.

Thank you, everyone, for all your prayers and wishes - you have no idea how much it means to have an entire ARMY of beautiful people like yourselves being so kind, gentle and loving as our family fights this thing tooth and nail.

And fight I will! Onward to healing, figuring it all out, trusting Heavenly Father and the most awesome doctors in the world... I am looking forward to being able to just cook meals again, spend quality time with family and friends, and make it through to the end of the month as usual. It's a struggle, yet somehow we always find a way!

Thank you, everyone, I am going to get some much needed rest and spend this day thanking God for the tender mercy he is blessing our family with today. I love you all! Thanks for being on this journey with me - I have the best team EVER! Never, ever give up! ❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment